Graphite to drawing for EDM
The growing demand for the production of graphite electrodes for the manufacture of figures by EDM in steel, aluminium, titanium, copper, tungsten or cast iron has led us to include graphite to drawing among our services.
The innumerable advantages of graphite compared to copper make this the process of the future for the realization of figures.
The most notable advantages are:
- It is cheaper: machining a graphite electrode can cost up to 50% less than the same in copper, due to the cost of raw material per dm3.
- It is faster to machine and has better machining: It is possible to machine a graphite part 3 to 5 times faster, without compromising quality. Copper requires more care in machining so as not to create deformations in the part.
- It allows machining more complex geometries: angles, corners, blades and fine contours are easier to manufacture in graphite, and with greater precision.
- Less graphite electrode wear: EDM machines with newer technologies allow for higher graphite electrode performance compared to the same copper electrode. As the copper is 5 times heavier, the higher wear on the vertical axis of the machine during EDM processing is a reality. In addition, because it is resistant to high temperatures (the melting point of graphite is 3650°C compared to 1083°C for copper), graphite has a lower electrode wear rate during the EDM process under high electrical current conditions.
- Logistics: Graphite, being lighter, reduces shipping costs.
- The risk of theft is reduced, as copper is an expensive metal and easy to reuse for other industries, making it more sought after by thieves.
Our manufacturing unit has three 3 and 5 axis CNC machines and a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) that fulfills a quality work and with delivery times that in no case exceed two weeks.
Related moorings, we work with the most widely used types of moorings in the sector, including Erowa, System 3R, Hirschmann, …
The precision we normally offer is from 15 µ to 20 µ although in very specific conditions we can reach 5 µ .
As for sizes and weights, in the 5 axis are max. 500Kg and Ø 600 mm; H = 550 mm and in the 3 axis max. 2000Kg and 800/600 / 500mm.
To carry out these works under plan, we will only need you to fill in the following form with your details and project notes and attach the 3D design in a zip file.